Personel Responsible for Energy (PRE)
Pursuant to Section 11(1) and Section 12 complementary with Section 22 that require any factory/building owner to appoint at least one PRE, a Personnel Responsible for Energy to regularly work at that factory /building, then report to the Director General of DEDE within 180 days after being required as a designated factory or designated building.
The PRE shall have one of such the following qualifications (Section 13 and 22)
1. Possess a high vocational certificate and working experience in factory / building at least 3 years, and having an achievement on energy conservation through endorsement of the designated factory/ building owner.
2. Possess a bachelor degree in engineering or sciences and having an achievement on energy conservation as endorsed by the designated factory / building owner.
3. Complete the energy conservation training course or any training of which objectives similar to what the Ministry of Science, Technology and Energy organises or agrees on.
Any person proposes for a PRE position, by a qualification of completion in energy conservation training, shall pass the training approved by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Energy for a course of “ Building Energy Conservation ” or “ Personnel Responsible for Energy (PRE) in Designated Building ’’ for a PRE regularly work in a designated building, and a course of “ Factory Energy Conservation ” or “ Personnel Responsible for Energy (PRE) in Designated Factory ’’ for a PRE regularly work in a designated factory. Contact the Training Division at DEDE for details in training courses at Tel no: + 662 446 7050 - 4
To inform a PRE appointment, the owner of factory or building shall fill-in the Form required by DEDE, i.e. Letter Informing an Appointment of PRE (Form: Bor Por Chor 1 ), Letter of Endorsement on Energy Conservation Achievement (Form: Bor Por Chor 2 ), and Letter of Endorsement on Energy Conservation Achievement from Working in a Non-Designated Factory or Building (Form: Bor Por Chor 3 )
The duties of PRE are as follows (Section 14 and 22)
(1) Periodically maintain and investigate the efficiency of every machinery and energy-consuming appliance.
(2) Improve the energy use through an energy conservation principle.
(3) Certify the data in Forms Bor Por Ror 1 and Bor Por Or 1 for submiting to DEDE by the owner of designated factory / building.
(4) Regulate and supervise the data recording in the Forms Bor Por Ror 2 and Bor Por Or 2 so that the DEDE official can investigate and verify that record.
(5) Assist the owner of designated factory / building in determining the energy conservation plan and target for the designated factory / building.
(6) Verify the audit report in implementation on the energy conservation plan and target.
(7) Assist the owner of designated factory / building in implementing by recommendations of the DEDE director general on adjusting or correcting the energy conservation plan and target.
Punishments for the Violators
1. Any owner of designated factory / building does not appoint a PRE shall be fined not exceeding 200,000 baht (Section 55).
2. Any owner of designated factory / building endorses any faults in energy conservation achievement shall be imprisoned not over a month or shall be fined not exceeding 50,000 baht or both (Section 57).