Requirement on Designated Building
Royal Decree on Designated Building 1995 (B.E.2538) with an effective dated on 12th December 1995 had determined the building of which its feature is a single building or several buildings registered under one house registration having energy consumption as stated below to be a “ Designated Building ”
1. Getting approval from power distributor to use the power meter or to install electric transformer of one or several sets in total of 1,000 kW or 1,175 kVA and over.
2. Using electricity from the power distributor system, using heat from steam of the distributor or using other depleted energy from distributor or of self generation, either anyone type of these or the overall, from date 1st January up to 31st December of the previous year, having its total energy consumption equivalent to electrical energy of over 20 million MJ.
Criteria Applied in Calculation on Energy Consumption in Unit of MJ
1. In case of electricity, calculate the electricity consumption in unit of kWh multiplied by 3.60
2. In case of heat from steam, calculate the heat consumption from steam in term of electricity equivalent by the following formula
Es = (hs– hw) * S * eff
Es is a heat consumption from steam in tem of electricity equivalent in unit of MJ per year
hs is an Enthalpy value of steam in unit of MJ/t from a normal steam table
hw is an Enthalpy of water at 27 degree Celsius and atmospheric pressure is at 113 MJ/t
S is a heat consumption in unit of t/yr read from steam meter of that building
eff is an efficiency of heat conversion to electrical energy equivalent, an efficiency value to be used is 0.45
3. In case of other depleted energy, calculate a heat consumption from other depleted energy to electrical energy equivalent by the following formula
Ef = F * HHV * eff
Ef is a depleted energy consumption in term of electrical energy equivalent by a unit of MJ/yr
F is a depleted energy consumption in unit of weight or volume per year
HHV is a HHV, higher heat value, of depleted energy use in a unit of MJ / unit of weight or volume
eff is an efficiency of heat conversion to electrical energy equivalent, a value to be used is 0.45
In case of no HHV from the distributor, use an average HHV as specified by DEDE
The Depleted Energy defined by the ECP Act means covering of energy from coal, oil shell, oil sand, crude oil, fuels, natural gas and nuclear, etc.
Exemption of buildings as for the non-designated buildings are such as: buildings with Royal Throne Halls or Palaces, buildings of foreign embassy or consulate, building offices of international organisations or agencies established under agreements between government of Thailand and of foreign countries, ancient places, temples or buildings for religious activities, of which constructed under an existing building control law in particular.
Any building wishes to request DEDE to inspect whether or not in being covered as a designated building, can proceed by filling-in its detail in a Form of Energy Consumption Data for Inspection of Being Qualified as a Designated Building, then submits or posts to:
BERC Director, DEDE
17 Rama 1 Rd., RuangMuang, Pathumwan District, Bangkok 10330
or by FAX at: + 662 223 1151